EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST – MAXIMO
The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) is pleased to announce the recruitment of an Employee Development Specialist (Maximo specialist) for the Rolling Stock & Shops (RS&S) department.
As a Rolling Stock & Shops subject matter expert, the individual selected for this role will be responsible for researching, analyzing, and identifying specific training needs for all employees in the department. Typical work in this department is performed by but is not limited
DISCOVER THE REWARDS OF WORKING AT BART!
Join BART and get on the fast track to a satisfying career! BART remains dedicated to its employees:
• Enjoy our excellent compensation package–competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits:
- Step pay-scale and
annualcontract negotiated increases;
- CalPERS pension (2% at age 55 for classic members and 2% at age 62 for non-classic members) and two other investment programs;
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental benefits;
- Supplemental insurances;
- Paid holidays and vacation for a
- Complimentary BART passes for employee and qualifying dependents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Rolling Stock & Shops (RS&S), an ISO 9001:2015 certified department of $138M+ operating budget and 826 FTE, is responsible for all engineering, maintenance and operations support functions for BART rail car fleet. Over the next several years, RS&S will
Then, scroll down to “Employee Development Specialist” in the Job Title column.
An Associate degree with major course work in education,
Please Note: Applicants with transcripts from outside the United States or its territories must have the transcripts evaluated by an academic accrediting service.
Additional experience as described below may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. An Associate degree is preferred.
Three (3) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable experience in assessing training needs, developing instructional materials and providing training to adults; or three (3) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable journey level experience in the skill area to be trained which must have included at least one (1) year of experience in instructing or training others.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: See full posting on www.bart.gov/about/jobs for details.
In addition, the successful candidate for this position will demonstrate the following criteria:
KNOWLEDGE OF (See full posting on www.bart.gov/about/jobs for entire list):
• Principles and practices of employee development and training.
• Methods of identifying training needs in an industrial setting.
• Training modalities, techniques and materials, particularly as used in a classroom or field setting.
SKILL IN (See full posting on www.bart.gov/about/jobs for entire list):
• Identifying and assessing training needs.
• Researching and developing programs and materials to meet identified needs.
• Analyzing varied technical problems related to operations and maintenance activities and recommending solutions.
• Conducting training sessions, both in the classroom and at the work site.
MAXIMO EXPERTISE KNOWLEDGE (Required):
• Maximo Basics:
o Navigate between and within Maximo applications.
o Perform simple and complex queries.
o Create front-end reports and access reports.
o Develop job plans, nested job plans and preventive maintenance routines.
o Create, plan, record, and complete work.
o Perform Install/Remove Functions.
o Complete Log Notes.
• Managing Work:
o Generate work orders automatically and manually.
o Create and modify work plans and job plans.
o Schedule and assign craft and
o Issue materials.
o Report failure information.
o Return materials.
• Inventory Management:
o Understanding Inventory vs. Item Master.
o Creating an Item.
o Inventory Field Definitions.
o Performing Item Adjustments.
o Managing Rotating Assets (Repairable Spares)
o Creating and Managing Virtual Assets.
o Issuing Parts to Work Orders.
o The Reorder Process.
o Creating Purchase Requisitions.
o Creating Purchase Orders.
o Receiving Materials & Services.
o Adding Vendors / Companies.
o Using Contracts.
• Maximo Modules:
o Creating RFMs.
o Using HSE.
HOW TO APPLY
NOTE: To be considered, please apply on the BART.gov website ONLY. Please be sure to list where you learned about these positions in your application.